Address: 914 94 Nyåker
The village of Tallberg, about 4 km northwest of Nyåker village, has three iron bridges from three different eras more than 40 metres above the Öre River.
The oldest bridge from 1891 is today the road, accessable by car. The second Tallberg Bridge was built entirely of reinforced concrete and has a 90-metre arch. At its completion, it was the world's longest railway bridge of concrete for a standard-gauge railway. This technically and historically significant bridge was in 1993 declared a national historic monument. The log bridge cabin is by the river's edge. Car park and rest area are located by the east abutment. Visit the exhibit at the village centre in Nyåker to find out more about the Tallberg Bridges and the influence of the arrival of the railway. The exhibit includes a model of the station house signed by artist Anders Åbergs, railway photographs by the famous photographer Sune Jonsson and a steam engine. The café serves homemade breads, gingerbread and ice cream. The children can enjoy the model train set.